- The Glitterati
THE GLITTERATI QUESTIONNAIRE
10 QUESTIONS FOR EMMANUELLE CHASSARD, CO-FOUNDER, PARTNER & CURATOR
OF RARE & COLLECTIBLE JEWELS AT LA GALERIE PARISIENNE IN PARIS'S CHIC 6eme
I grew up in the world of antiques, works of art, and antique jewellery, thanks to my father who very quickly passed on his passion to me.
At 16 I was already by his side in Monte-Carlo, then a few years later working alongside Edouard Brunet where I took over the management of Templier, his shop across the street from Hotel Drouot where I met many personalities who will have inspired me throughout my career; Michel Perinet, Fred Leighton, Paul Fisher, Jean Pierre Brun, Antoine Broccardo, Patrick Serreres…
Having gained some experience and eager for adventure and independence, I opened an office with my brother on rue Lafayette and continued traveling the world and participating in international exhibitions: Brafa, Pad, The Original Miami Beach Show, Las Vegas, New York…
In 2007, I opened my first gallery; La Galerie Parisienne on the left bank in the antiques district with my partner Sebastien Moinet Bechar who shares the same passion for the arts.
For the past 7 years, we have since moved to the rue de Seine in the heart of Saint Germain des Prés where we carry a selection of rare jewels and objets signed René Boivin, Suzanne Belperron, Cartier, Raymond Templier as well as artwork by Takis, Roy Adzac, Giacometti, Man Ray, Claude de Muzac, Paul Oudet…
- René Boivin - A hinged bangle bracelet made of ornately engraved rock crystal set with calibré-cut sapphires in platinum. Designed by Juliette Moutard, circa 1933
- Suzanne Belperron - A lacquered silver bib necklace set with six strands of graduated amethyst beads to the laquered triangular motifs. Made by the Maison Groené & Darde, circa 1935
1. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
In no particular order: The 1930’s, women in jewellery, antiquity.
2. WHAT IS YOUR IDEA OF LUXURY?
Things which are timeless and unique, to be worn every day and kept for a lifetime.
3. WHICH JEWELER OR WATCHMAKER DO YOU MOST ADMIRE, WHY?
René Boivin for timeless design and soft lines.
Suzanne Belperron for her proportions and strong designs.
On the more contemporary side: Viren Baghat for his classicism and choice of stones
Taffin (James de Givenchy) for his talent of setting diamonds “casually” with contemporary women in mind.
4. IN YOUR NEXT LIFE YOU ARE A JEWEL OR OBJECT, WHAT ARE YOU, WHY?
A pair of Egyptian ceramic eyes so that I can spy on everyone from antiquity!
5. SET A DINNER TABLE FOR 6: ALIVE OR DEAD - WHO ARE THE 5 MOST INTERESTING/FUNNY/TALENTED INDUSTRY PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE YOUR TABLE WITH?
Antoine Broccardo, Frédéric Torroni, Sebastien Moinet Béchar and his wife Gaelle Robic, Camille Bessard and Vincent Pestel Debord. All dealers and modern creators, lovers of the arts with defined tastes and spirited personalities!
6. YOUR DREAM JOB IT WEREN'T THIS ONE
This one, I wouldn’t do anything else!!